UPDATE FEBRUARY 2021 -
I'M SO PLEASED TO TELL YOU WE ARE OPEN AGAIN ON TUES13TH APRIL -
BOOKINGS NOW BEING TAKEN!
Written for and by
DIANA MARIE GRANT of BLOOM SANCTUARY
In accordance with the Gateway Workshop
Covid-19 certified course JUNE 2020
Training School for Massage, Beauty and Healing
Tel 0333 121 0742
P4. My Responsibility To You As The Client
P5. Your Responsibility To Me As Your Therapist
P6. Changes You Will See in Bloom Sanctuary
P7. Corporate Wellbeing Days
P8. General Data Protection Rules
I have taken this opportunity to research and undertake the certified Covid-19 Health and Safety course provided by Gateway Workshops, Training School for Massage,
Beauty and Healing, in order to protect you, the client and of course, myself as much as possible from potential risks associated with the Covid-19 virus, including contamination and spread, by
utilizing best practice as recommended by Gateway Workshops and other research I have conducted independently (see appendix A).
4. My Responsibilities To You As The Client
I have undertaken a thorough review of my treatment room and areas used by clients (including bathroom, hall, porch and front entrance) and undertaken training to
ensure you the client are cared for in a safe, hygienic and professional manner. I have now been trained to ensure each treatment upholds best practice, including hygiene and safety. I
have reviewed my treatment menu and removed treatments where necessary.
My responsibilities to you are to protect you from any germs prevalent including on any surfaces, porous materials/substances and airborne that you are likely to
come into contact with/touch.
- I will deep clean all potential areas/surfaces by thoroughly disinfecting before and after each client. This includes all door handles, surface areas,
floors, massage couch, hot stones, towels, trolley and products, bathroom and hallway, front door, brushes, bowls, all equipment and anything else deemed necessary (this list is not
- Disposable items will be used where necessary and more sustainable items will be used wherever possible.
- I will wear gloves, masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE) including a vinyl washable (sustainable) apron during treatments where
required/appropriate. I wash my uniform every day. I wash my hands before and after every treatment and in-between, where necessary. Towels and any soft furnishings will be washed
after every client at 600C. PPE will be washed/disposed of before and after every client.
- I have now been able to purchase a new certified protective pillow case for your safety and comfort! (UPDATED DEC 2020)
- I can now use a machine washable heated blanket. (UPDATED NOV 2020).
- Adequate ventilation will be adhered to with doors and windows open wherever possible.
- If you would prefer to bring your own towel(s), pillow, face cloths, slippers, dressing gown, plastic gloves, a face mask, drink, pen, etc you are very welcome to
- I will take my temperature before every client and if I do have a temperature, a persistent cough or am feeling unwell in any way, I will let you know and
rearrange your appointment.
5. Your Responsibilities to Me As Your Therapist
- I ask you, my customer to take your temperature before you arrive and if you do have a temperature or feel unwell, or if any person in your household has a
temperature or feels unwell or is self-isolating, PLEASE DO NOT COME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT BUT RING ME TO REARRANGE.
- PLEASE wash your hands before and after your treatment/use hand sanitiser.
- You can wear a face mask if necessary and gloves if you wish.
- Feel free to bring your own towel, face cloth, pillow if you wish.
- You can bring your own drink if you wish.
- Feel free to bring your own hand sanitiser if you wish.
- You can bring your own pen if you wish.
- I am happy to discuss any concerns you may have; feel free to contact me at any time. Please leave a message if I cannot get to the telephone and I will
return your call.
- If you have any symptoms after the treatment such as a cough, a temperature, loss of smell/taste or feel ill in any way, please let me know as soon as
- You are very welcome to pay by bank transfer if you wish.
- If there is anything else I can do to enhance your comfort, please let me know.
6. Changes You Will See At Bloom Sanctuary:
- I can now provide a protective pillow case for your safety and comfort - UPDATE DEC 2020.
- I can now use a machine washable heated pad on the massage couch - UPDATE NOV 2020.
- I will ventilate the treatment room regularly and inbetween clients.
- The door handles, surfaces, floor and any other surfaces you may need to touch will all be sanitized before you arrive and after you leave.
- Towels and all soft furnishings will be washed after each client at 60C.
- I will wash all my PPE before and after each client.
7. Corporate Wellbeing Days
- The room will be ventilated before and after each client
- The room and all equipment, surfaces, PPE, items likely touched will be sanitized before and after each client
- PPE will be worn and freshly washed/disposed of before and after each client (gloves, mask, apron where appropriate).
- Couch roll will not be used.
- Pillows will not be used.
- Heated blanket will not be used.
- Used towels will be tied up in a plastic bag and washed at 60C after each client.
- You are encouraged to bring your own towel, face cloth, PPE (if required), pillow, pen and anything else you may require. I have a PVC bolster I can use
under your knees for support which will be washed after each client.
- PLEASE WASH/SANITISE YOUR HANDS BEFORE ENTERING THE ROOM.
- IF YOU HAVE A TEMPERATURE, COUGH OR FEEL UNWELL OR HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS THESE SYMPTOMS, PLEASE DO NOT COME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT BUT LET ME
KNOW ASAP AND I CAN REARRANGE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- If you have any symptoms after your treatment, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.
- You are welcome to pay by bank transfer.
- If I can do anything else to enhance your comfort, please let me know.
- If there is anything you would like to discuss, please feel free to contact me on Diana@bloomsanctuary.co.uk or on tel: 07707 914 026
8. General Data Protection Rules:
I aim to be totally transparent in my information that I provide and if any information I provide to you verbally or written (within this policy or otherwise) is
unclear to you, I have a responsibility to let you know in very clear terms and to be totally transparent at all times, so please ask if anything is unclear to you and I will explain fully in
accordance with General Data Protection Rules (GDPR). Thank you for your help and co-operation.
P1. Introduction – research has been undertaken with Professional Beauty Salon Guidelines Covid-19 (www.professionalbeauty.co.uk Tel: 01371851 875 Allington House, 25 High Street,
Wimbledon Village, London S19 5DX
Also from firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01625 828 135 Wilmslow Road, Mottram, Cheshire SK10 4QT verbal guidelines/Covid-19 Policy in working practice
Diana M Grant
Usui Reiki Master/Teacher
VTCT Dip 3 Aromatherapist
VTCT Holistic Therapist
Corporate Wellbeing Therapist
Senior Spa Therapist – Champneys @ Mottram Hall
Bloom Sanctuary, Tytherington, Cheshire SK10 2LD Est 2009
Tel 07707 914 026